Monday 9 November 2015

Memories





One person that I wish that I could have met was my Great Grandmother. She was a lady of enormous character and grace, who raised three rather wild boys, one of whom was my Grandfather. She lived through Two World Wars and The Great Depression. She lived to old age, outliving two of her young sons, who she missed very much. The photo shows my Great Grandmother on her wedding day. The veil she is wearing is the same one that I wore on my wedding day. A special memory!

The very old book was given to my Great Uncle Peter, my Grandfather's younger brother, in 1926. It was a much beloved book that shows how much it has been read and loved. It was a book that held a fascination for me when I was younger and helped me to connect with relatives who I didn't get to meet. 

Memories are an important and powerful part of our identity. They are created by remembering events and situations that involve people we know. This week we are focusing on the importance of memories as part of our cultural and personal journey in life. We looked at what memories are and whether memories are something that we should share with others.



Dreamtime - Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires


Some of the responses that came out discussed that not all memories are ones that we want to share with others. They may be personal or they may touch a sensitive part of us that might be difficult to share. 

Memories are a powerful writing source and when shared. can influence other people's thoughts and ideas. 

What is a favourite memory that you have? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.